Monday, October 7, 2024

Babes and My Old Ass Double Feature


1) Stop changing you format Roan it's
disorienting. 2) Babes came out months ago, what took you so long? 3) Why do both movies the disservice of reviewing them together? First of all, rules are stupid even if I made them up. I'm not going to limit my writings. Second, well, these movies are really similar. They both had like no marketing and released a day later than movies usual release. They are buddy comedies about two women as well. Third, See point two. Also, at risk of burying the lead, I honestly only half watched the movies. Besides, all my reviews are a disservice to the films.

What's Babes About?

A new mom and a newly widowed pregnant lady struggle with the strains on their relationship as the latter goes through her pregnancy.

What's My Old Ass About?

After a mushroom trip, a teenager see her future self, and her future self gives her cryptic advice about the future.

What I Think About These Movies.

They're alright. The acting great, got some good heartfelt scenes. Some of the jokes are good, some suck. I don't really like the characters but that could be because it's a comedy and the characters need to act stupid or mean for the comedy to happen. The plots are fairly smart, I like the twist in My Old Ass and the NYC setting and vibes of Babes is cool.

Final Summation.

Wait that's it? Yeah, you can see why I didn't review Babes when it was in theaters. Here's the thing, and you probably know this already, I don't care for comedies. My big problem is that the characters almost always act irrationally for the sake of the plot, and the jokes don't really make up for that. But if you like those kinda of movies, then these are both good choices for movie night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oscars 2025

It's that time again! The time where everyone gets highly critical of film criticism culture, even though barely anyone actually cares a...