What's The Movie About?
A bunch of college kids find a cursed tarot deck, and then get murdered by the tarot monsters after they do readings on everyone.
What I Like.
The monster designs are pretty fun, not gonna lie. (Well except for the Hanged Man.) The villain is a pretty fun idea, I kinda wish they did more with it but also you get plenty in the movie. I also didn't hate the characters, and they mostly acted pretty reasonably. The deck of tarot cards they use looked spooky, I kinda want a set. And I like the message of taking control of your own fate. But honestly, the best thing about the movie is the pace. They made sure it moved at a clip and I really appreciated it. Backhanded complement, sure, but I just watched Challengers man.
What I Didn't Like.
I don't think the writers of this movie know how tarot work. I mean, maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to astrology. I was always taught that you use three cards to for tarot readings, one for the past, one for the present, and one for the future. I KNOW they made up the "Don't use another person's tarot deck" thing and it's weird that it's even in the movie since the reason the characters are in danger is because the deck is cursed. It's not like karmic justice, it's because a monster is possessing it. Speaking of which, the villain's powers and rules are inconsistent. (In a supernatural horror movie? I'm shocked.) And the way they defeat the bad guy is just dumb. "You cursed me bro? Well I'm gonna curse you right back, whatcha think about that?" Speaking of dumb, the only character I didn't like was the comic relief character. He was kinda annoying. Which I feel bad complaining about, since Jacob Batalon has been type-cast as this kind of character since Spiderman Homecoming, but I rolled my eyes so hard when they revealed his character survived at the end.
Final Summation.
Tarot is fine, just so long as you don't think about the movie too much. Anyway who cares LET'S TALK ABOUT THE FALL GUY!

No comments:
Post a Comment