Thursday, August 8, 2024

Lisa Frankenstein Review

I'll admit, I was pretty excited for this movie. I love Frankenstein's Monster, and weird romances are kinda my jam. I haven't seen Jennifer's Body but I liked Juno when my health teacher made our class watch it instead of teaching sex ed. 

What's The Movie About?

Lisa is a weird neglected girl who accidently confesses her love to a dead musician. After a lightning storm brings the musician back to life, she has her life turned around trying to help the musician fix himself (literally) while also killing a couple people. 

What I Like.

For one, the story is good. Maybe the bar has been lowered for me because I just saw Argylle, but there is good setups and payoffs, I liked all the characters I was supposed to and hated the ones I didn't. It's pretty funny too. Cole Sprouse does a gangbusters performance in my opinion. It's entirely physical and grunting as well, yet you can still tell what his character is thinking and feeling, even when caked in grime and dirt. The soundtrack is also pretty good, but again this probably been lowered by watching Argylle because it wasn't as good as that movie. 

What I Didn't Like.

Uh... Nothing? I mean I have like two nitpicks, but when one of them is 'I wish this movie had one more short scene' that's probably a really good movie. My other nitpick is that I had a theory about who killed Lisa's mom and the movie doesn't say one way or another. 

Final Summation.

Lisa Frankenstein is really good, definitely worth your time if you are interested. But to me, it was just that. There was nothing that I felt everyone has to see like Godzilla Minus One, nothing that made slightly teary-eyed like Godzilla Minus One, and nothing that made me bounce up in down in my seat like all of Godzilla Minus One. (Am I pushing my Godzilla Minus One agenda too hard? Nah.) It's good, don't get me wrong, but it highlights the hard time I had writing this review. 

But that's just me. One of my friends I went to see the movie with said Lisa Frankenstein made it into his top ten. I can totally see why. Check it out if you think it is something you'd like, because you probably will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oscars 2025

It's that time again! The time where everyone gets highly critical of film criticism culture, even though barely anyone actually cares a...